Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Start of a New Project

When we begin a journey, one of the first questions asked is "Where do I start?". It's always easy to set a goal, but so much harder to actually start the project. Why is that?


 Currently, I have a general outline of what I want to do for my project. Here's the objective list:


1. Brainstorm what to write for the picture book (something engaging that addresses issues about the current education system of America)


2. Write out the storyline and have someone edit it for grammatical mistakes


3. Generate pictures to go along with the text


4. Have said pictures scanned and copied with the text in the desired fashion


5. Distribute proto-copies to parents and receive feedback


6. Request a publishing company to publish it


7. Have a hard-covered version by the end of my high-school career


Ultimate goal: Sell at least 20 hard-cover copies and donate all income to charity organizations that I deem beneficial to mankind and effective in their work


Well, now that I look back at this bare, back-bone list, I realize that I a lot of communicating to do. I worry a little at the scope of this project, but this one is also covering not just for my 20Time Project, but also for my Girl Scout Golden Award Project and for my IB CAS Project. It's like killing three birds with one stone; instead of killing birds, I'm using one arrow to hit 3 targets, hopefully smack dab in the center.


Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Great list! You have a lot of work, but it doesn't all need to be done by the end of the year...just make progress and keep trying. I love that you want to change the world with this. I look forward to helping you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen you're so smart how do you even

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even by doing; and what I am doing, I do hard.

      Delete
  3. That's such a cool goal! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so you! I can't wait to see the final product!! I hope you get to all you're goals!

    ReplyDelete