Thursday, May 29, 2014

Post 5!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so time to reflect on things.

So far, I haven't got the time to continue with this project thanks to exams, but I know that I will have time during the summer to work on it.

I have to say, though... I learned a lot from this:
a.   Illustrating your own book is a lot harder than it seems
b.   The most interested people in my project are people from the school board
c.   I should have used a larger board when presenting
d.   I should have had food and business cards so people could remember me
e.   This list could go on and on


Okay, now I wonder if I can incorporate the IB Learner Profile into this. You know, the inquirer, the risk-taker, the caring, etc.

Personally, I found that I had to take some risks while doing this project. Of course my first risk came up when I was choosing my topic. Questions of What should I use to attract the attention of a large, yet specific group of people?, Who could I afford to criticize?, Who would be on my side?, and the likes. I needed to have a position, and by taking a position, some other people will disagree, and that's totally fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion; I'm just making mine larger and more open to an audience.

Then I think that I had to be a knowledgeable person to take on such a task. Or at least strive to become one. I need the confidence to write a story about the education system in America, and in order to be confident in my skills, I need to know what I'm doing first and thoroughly. If I don't do that, then my little book will just be a bunch of blathering rants with no goal in mind.



Truthfully, I don't like my first draft of this book. I'm probably going to change the writing style and art style as time goes on. Hopefully, I can get this finished before my graduation from high school. Wouldn't that look really cool on a transcript? But in actuality, I'm not doing this to look good for college pickings or job interviews, I want to do this because this feels like it will be one of the few things that can become great if I keep trying.

Anyways, I'm off! Wish me luck on my studies and I will get back to you all as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment